||Municipalities, both large and small, trust Cuomo LLC to handle their most difficult legal matters, including cases that:
Our municipal liability practice comprises two main areas:
- Are highly complex
- Involve catastrophic injuries or damages
- Are politically sensitive
- Have very large sustainable verdict values
Personal injury defense – We represent municipalities in defense of personal injury claims involving:
Labor and employment matters – We handle litigation concerning employment-related claims, including those related to:
- Vehicular fleets
- Municipal properties
- Police and peace officers
- Excessive force
How We’re Different
- Collective bargaining units
- Civil service employees
- Exempt employees
- Discrimination claims involving age, race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
For more information about our municipal liability work, please contact
Matthew Cuomo or Oscar Michelen at (212) 448-9933.
- We’re politically sensitive – We appreciate the sensitive nature of claims brought against municipalities. We are vigorous, yet discreet, in our representation.
- We’re media savvy – We are experienced in handling cases that have attracted a great deal of media attention — and we can skillfully manage public perceptions.
- We keep costs down – We use small legal teams that are responsible for cases from inception to resolution. This achieves maximum results with the greatest efficiency.
- We have litigation expertise – Our attorneys are skilled litigators with hundreds of hours of trial experience. If litigation is necessary, no firm can represent you better.